Sunday, February 12, 2006

I Sing The Body Eclectic

I Sing the Body eclectic;
The armies of grapes I love engirth me, and I engirth them;
They will not get me off till I go with them, respond to them,
And disgorge them, and charge them full with the charge of the Soul.


OK. Walt Whitman fans are probably ready to put a contract out on me. But I truly got a charge out of a South African wine I just tried for the first time, The Chocolate Block '04. It's made from an eclectic mix of syrah, 45 percent; grenache noir, 25 percent; cabernet sauvignon, 17 percent; cinsault, 11 percent; and viognier, 2 percent. Obviously, this is not a wine that is going to show off dazzling varietal characteristics, but it is a fully extracted, fruit-forward wine with very decent complexity and a great finish.

The Chocolate Block is made by Boekenhoutskloof, a name that's a mouthful, but so is the wine. I can't say I'm a big fan of South African wines, though, truth be told, I've not had a great number. But Chocolate Block, with its full-bodied, ripe personality, has opened my eyes. If you like rich, new world types of wines that show very well when young, then this $30 limited production wine is for you.

When I first opened it, I gots lots of jammy black fruit, cassis, earth and spicy oak. 20 minutes later I picked up smoky notes, tobacco leaf, cocoa and mushrooms. It complemented our lamb chops fantastically well.

I picked up a couple of bottles at a local wine shop, but I'm going back for more. What could be better for Valentine's Day than a chocolate tasting, both solid and vinous.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all

I have just found your website great

101 free sex positions

adult xxx women trailers
amiture pussy fingering free

angelina jolie haveing sex

asian nude beaches .com
very thanks
Heinrich Farber

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home